Tom with kids in Kuwait

Tom with kids in Kuwait
Tom with kids in Kuwait

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Facebook Messenger and the like…

Facebook Messenger and the like…

I am connected to many in an online mode.  I accept many friend requests, many from some that I only have a slight connection.  I do this so that I can affirm the things that are good, share the gospel, and have some connection with so many searching for truth and love and purpose.

Many may be disappointed because I don’t do chat.  I put what God has given me to use to produce a return for him and online chat is not in the budget.


Many may be disappointed because I am not a vending machine.  Yes, I am an American and am blessed to live in what possibly is the wealthiest nation on the planet.  I give much to many but seldom respond to a personal appeal on Messenger or other modes.  God leads me in my generosity, so your fervent appeal to me should be directed to God. Prayers made fervently to God and not persuasion directed towards me are your most productive avenue.

Many may be disappointed because they ask me for books and resources but I give them a URL.  My teaching with references to biblical sources are posted online for all to read. 

I gladly respond to your messages with affirmations and do pray for those seeking my prayers.
I joyfully celebrate your victories in Christ.
I constantly encourage your work in the Lord.

But at this point in my life, I am running my race for the Lord at full speed.  One day, I may slow down to a jog and have time to chat, but for now I am fixed on the goal of taking good news to the blind and lost people in our world.

If Jesus is your Lord and Savior, you are blessed.  We can work together in our parts of this planet to share his gospel and God’s love and know that we run this race together.  There is a kinship in that greater than chat.  But for this day, my eyes are fixed on the Author and Finisher of my faith and it’s not quite time to back off on my pace.

Blessings,

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment