Tom with kids in Kuwait

Tom with kids in Kuwait
Tom with kids in Kuwait

Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Spirit within me speaks



My prayer begins in a silent room.

With praise and thanks

For simple things

Breath and sight and the day not promised but delivered.



Consciously I seek to continue in thanksgiving

Not wanting to petition too soon

Not wanting to manipulate

As if that were possible with the Almighty.



Feeling too constrained by my own thoughts

I go to silence

There is safety in silence

My mind surrenders to silence.



I anticipate hearing God

But the thoughts come from within me

They are not mine but God’s

His Spirit within me speaks and my prayer is complete.



Sometimes I wonder why I look skyward

Or bow my head

Or seek God in lofty places

When He has given me his Spirit to live within me.



Amen

Romans 8:26

No comments:

Post a Comment