Tom with kids in Kuwait

Tom with kids in Kuwait
Tom with kids in Kuwait

Friday, January 13, 2012

To live fully for The Name

Not so long ago


Words seemed too many and so large


And towns seemed so small


That has all changed since my call.


It’s a different world once you have received a charge.








Today my books are full of words


That help me to understand


Things past and present once distraught


But at the cost of reading in microscopic font.


While striving to live the greatest command.








And the towns which once seemed empty


No places to go hang out


Now seem so full of hurting people and needs


Will I be able to plant enough seeds?


And finally let the good news out.








The world has really not changed much.


It lives for glory, fame, and even wealth.


But my eyes are set upon another place


Where stored up treasure is truly safe,


And my purpose is beyond myself.








I see the world through different eyes


Though physically they are the same


My vision responds to a new paradigm


One which embodies both rhythm and rhyme


And calls me to live fully for The Name.


No comments:

Post a Comment